H.E.L.P. Malawi is currently searching for International Volunteers to join our international volunteer teachers program at Nanthomba Primary School. Whether you are a fully qualified teacher, in training, or even unqualified but looking to gain experience in the classroom, you are welcome to join in our volunteer program in rural southern Malawi. Placements from September-December 2018, January-March 2019, and April-July 2019.
- Tutor small groups of learners in English (ESL) throughout the school day at Nanthomba Primary School!
- Partner with a government teacher to ensure students are receiving the best education possible in the classroom.
- Co-teach the after-school English Activity Class and other activities offered at the school.
- Live within the local community to experience the life and beauty of Malawi!
- Long-term placements available January-March, April-July, and September-December that coincide with the academic school year terms.
Our International Volunteer Program offers:
- Experience of life in a rural community in Africa and life-changing cross-cultural experiences!
- NO FEE for joining us – you just fund your own trip and international travel insurance (required)
- Long and short-term volunteer placements, catered toward your needs and availability
- Opportunities for secondary and special interest programs/projects
- Housing provided (max 4 volunteers) with running water and solar electricity
- Airport pick-up and full orientation included in addition to on-site support
- Successful applicants must have excellent communication skills, flexibility, at least two years of college education, previous teaching or relevant volunteer experience and a great sense of humor and self-motivation!
- 3+ month commitment