Second Tree is a grassroots non-profit and non-governmental organization based in Ioannina, Greece.. Second Tree was founded in January 2017 by a group of volunteers that had worked together in the Katsikas refugee camp. Since our inception, we have worked with and supported refugee communities across the Epirus region.
We deliver non-formal education (NFE) programs at 3 different sites (2 refugee camps and one community center) and are looking for qualified and/or experienced volunteers to fill the roles.
The ethos of our program is to foster safe spaces for learning that first and foremost serve as a psycho-social intervention – where refugees feel comfortable to come and enjoy being there; and secondly, to provide them with access to a structured, quality language program that develops their communication skills!
Teachers pursue the following objectives:
• Support the psycho-social and intellectual development of refugees and asylum seekers
• Empower them with interpersonal – and life – skills
• Enable access to quality learning resources aligned to the CEFRL
• Develop their English language skills in preparation for language certification
• Strengthen their ability to enter formal education and/or the workplace
• Foster their integration into European society
How to ApplyIf interested in this unique opportunity, please send a CV, cover letter and copy of your teaching qualifications (if applicable) to Giovanni Fontana at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put “ESL Teacher Candidate” as the subject line and specify in your email the dates you would be available to volunteer.