Qualified Secondary Teachers Needed to Teach Maths or Physics in Muscat, Oman
Posted By: Global Education Matters <firstname.lastname@example.org>
We are looking for qualified secondary teachers to teach Maths or Physics at a prestigious International School in sunny Muscat, Oman. Please note this is not an ESL position.
Global Education Matters (GEM) provides quality K-12 teachers to International Schools around the world.
The school is highly regarded in Oman as a prestigious institution attracting highly qualified students that are dedicated and hard working. All students are required to wear a school uniform with politeness and respect highly valued. These students are a pleasure to teach. The school is modern and well equipped with a warm and friendly staff of professional teachers and administrators.
All applicants must be qualified teachers with a UK or internationally recognised equivalent qualification. Experience teaching in secondary schools in their home country will be highly regarded.Two years experience teaching the English National Curriculum is highly desirable.
• Applications from unmarried couples either singly or jointly cannot be considered.
• Due to Omani visa regulations, applicants aged 60 and over cannot be considered.
• All successful applicants are required to complete police/ISA checks.
Secondary Teacher Criteria:
The ideal candidate must have the following:
• A formal secondary teaching qualification, either a Secondary PGCE or equivalent and hold QTS
• Able to teach Maths to a high standard (for Maths teachers), British curriculum – GCSE primarily with an ability to teach to A-level
• Able to teach Physics to a high standard (for Physics teachers), British curriculum – GCSE primarily with an ability to teach to A-level
• A proven track record of delivering strong results
• A willingness to actively contribute to curriculum development
• A genuine belief that every child matters
• Have a strong subject knowledge
• Have ambition and a passion for learning
• Be able to deliver high quality classroom practice
• Have high expectations of all learners
• Be able to work collaboratively with others
Term 1 (07/01/2018 – 29/03/2018)
Term 2 (15/03/2018 – 12/06/2018)
Salary and Benefits
Experience Omani Riyals
3-5 years 900-1100
5-7 years 1100-1200
7-10 years 1200-1300
10+ years 1300-1400
1 or 2 bedroom furnished accommodation
Yearly roundtrip air ticket
Full Medical Insurance
How to Apply
If you are a dedicated secondary level teacher and would like to expand your teaching experience in an International Setting, we would love to hear from you.
Please send the following…
• current CV in Word Format • a recent photo • scanned copy of your bachelor’s degree • a scanned copy of your teacher certification • the name and contact details of two professional referees
to Robert at email@example.com. Please include your full contact details.
If you have further questions before applying, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also visit our website at www.gematters.com
Please note that due to the level of interest in these positions, we will only be able to contact those applicants we wish to interview.