For over 40 years Bell has offered a range of outstanding Young Learner Programmes to overseas students aged 7 – 17. These unparalleled courses combine academic excellence with an exciting cultural and social programme and provide students with a unique experience and exceptional care.
We are now looking to recruit enthusiastic, dedicated and responsible Houseparents for our Young Learner Course running at our St Albans school in January 2019. Houseparents are responsible for the pastoral care of students. Duties will involve student supervision, leading daily meetings, house checks, managing pocket money as well as participating in activities and excursions with the students.
With courses tailored for both junior (7 – 11) and teenage students (12 – 17), we welcome applications from Houseparents with a range of skills, interests and experience.
Our school provides both staff and children with excellent premises and facilities and we offer accommodation, meals and professional development opportunities.
*- Degree qualified or equivalent
– Excellent communication skills
– Counselling skills
– Previous experience working with children/teenagers
– Good team player
– Proficiency in time management
– Ability to multitask and work to deadlines
– Previous residential experience
– Experience working in a pastoral setting
Eligibility and Safe Recruitment:
Applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK
Bell is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment:
– A DBS Check will be requested in the event of a successful application
– Completion of a DBS application is condition of employment
– We do not accept DBS checks undertaken by other organisations
– All gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily
– Proof of identity and qualifications will be required
– All references will be followed up and reference requests will ask specifically whether there is any reason you should not be engaged in situations where you have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18
– Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
Remuneration and Benefits
– £363 per week plus £43.81 per week statutory annual leave payment
– Accommodation and meals
– Outstanding facilities and resources
– Well established systems and operating procedures with personalised staff support
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: £406.81 /week