Mexican Educational Inst. located in Cd. Guzmán, Mexico is looking for a Native English Teacher for Nursery & 1st grade of Preschool. This is your chance to get an EFL certification being much cheaper than in the U.S. or elsewhere. Also this is your chance to learn Spanish with free Spanish classes.
About the employer:
It is a school with appr. 400 students, having also a nursery, a preschool, an elementary and Junior High school. They teach five different age groups, divided into two types of systems – semester and bimester. Class sizes are typically around a dozen students, but never more than 16 students per class. They understand that it is not very easy for foreigners to work in Mexico, hence they try their best to make them feel comfortable and to help them getting used to life and work in Mexico.
The staff is made up of a mix of both foreign (from various English speaking countries) and Mexican teachers. The institute currently rents two houses, one is a four bedroom house about two blocks from the school for teachers who wish to live there. New teachers may choose to live in the house with other teachers, or look for their own private house.
Cd. Guzmán with a relaxed and traditional atmosphere, it is a small, quiet town with about 140,000 inhabitants, located in Jalisco, near Guadalajara (about 1 ½ hours) the second largest city of Mexico and about 1 ½-2 hours bus drive to the closest beach. People are extremely friendly, and foreigners normally do not have any trouble making friends within the first couple of weeks. The city offers many eco-tourist activities, such as cycling, hiking, motor-cross, rappelling, swimming, among other things, as well as one or two night spots.
– Fulfillment with internal regulations of workers of the institute.
– Delivery of documentation to the human resources area.
– Signature of employment contract.
– Prepare evidence of work by group and / or individual for the student´s portfolio.
– Design, preparation and delivery of plans according to plans and programs of the SEJ and / or official or institutional programs.
– Delivery of grades to school control on the dates established.
– Attend meetings convened by management, courses, workshops, conferences, extra ordinary meetings, etc.
– Accomplish school guards
– Make and send lesson plans on time.
– Follow up on student development.
– Always speak English in school.
– Attend meetings and workshops as assigned.
– Attend Grade Point Meetings for parents.
– Communication and team work with EFL coordination, head coordination, and other EFL teachers.
– Attend and collaborate in the events organized by the school (inside and outside the institution).
– Fulfillment of assigned commissions (preparation of honors to the flag, elaboration of friezes, assigned guards, participation in events).
– Be in class at least 10 minutes before the class starts.
– Maintain a good relationship with students.
– Know the students, know how they learn and what they should learn.
– Continually improve to support students in their learning.
– Organize and evaluate the educational work, make a relevant didactic intervention.
– Encourage the link between the school and the community to ensure that all.
students successfully complete their schooling.
– Maintain close communication with parents.
– Evaluate the educational process as the SEP brand on the SCEJAL platform.
– Teachers must follow the curriculum but are encouraged to enhance it with additional activities.
– To get involved in the community as much as possible.
– Advanced Spanish
– Native English
– Full flexibility
– Teaching experience with children
– Finished bachelor degree or any English teaching certification
– Salary: $ 8-20,000 MXN monthly
– Contract: August 12 to July 10, 2020. School year 2019-2020.
– Schedule: Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
– Meetings / Events: College Events; Boards: Staff meetings monthly in school technical council; Bimonthly – Parents;
– Christmas box based on total salary and holiday bonus.
– Free lodging.
– Food provision from Monday to Thursday, from 2:30pm to 4:00pm.
– Opportunity to work in the afternoon teaching
English to children and adults.
– Holidays 4 weeks: two in December, and two in spring brake.
– Opportunity to earn the academic excellence bonus 2019-2020, which will
be paid in the first half of September 2020.
– Opportunity to participate in the Climb Up for Staff program.
– Recruitment process: Recruiter: revision of resume + answering questionnaire; Client: sample lesson plan + online interview or via phone