Now hiring Group Leaders for summer abroad programs to Japan!
The Experiment in International Living is currently hiring exceptional professional individuals to serve as group leaders to guide our summer 2019 programs in Japan. To learn more about our programs in Japan, please visit: =
Group leaders are The Experiment’s most critical on-the-ground resource, traveling alongside their group and serving as their students’ primary support throughout the program. Each program has two co-leaders, who work together to guide a group of up to 15 high school students on a 4-week journey. Leaders’ responsibilities’ include helping their students integrate into local cultures and host families, conducting group excursions, and guiding students through discussions of and reflections on their experiences. Leaders work with the Experiment’s US-based staff and in-country partners to maximize students’ health and safety and to ensure the program is meaningful, challenging, and experientially rich.
Minimum Required Qualifications
· Fluent in Japanese and English
· Experience working with high school students in a leadership capacity
· At least 21 years of age (Applicants must be 21 or older by June 1, 2019.)
· A bachelor’s degree (Current undergraduates may apply if they are on track to obtain their bachelor’s degree by June 15, 2019.)
· Ability to pass a criminal background check
· Eligibility to work in the United States
· A current passport (valid through January 2019)
· Complete availability for the duration of the program (including Staff Training in Brattleboro, Vermont from June 24-29, and the entirety of the program in Japan from June 30 – July 29).
Leaders benefit from an intensive weeklong professional development training, the chance to experience a familiar culture from a new perspective, and an opportunity to use your language skills and expand your professional network. Leaders receive a stipend based on program length. In addition, The Experiment covers leaders’ program-related travel expenses, including domestic travel to Staff Training in Vermont and then home after the program; meals and lodging during Staff Training; international flights to and from the program country; and transportation, lodging, meals, emergency travel medical insurance, communication, and incidentals while on the program.
Commitment to Diversity
The Experiment is committed to recruiting and supporting students of diverse backgrounds, and thus The Experiment is equally committed to hiring International Group Leaders who represent diverse geographic, ethnic, religious, and economic backgrounds.
How to Apply
Learn More about the leader position and apply online at
Final application deadline: January 20, 2019.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.