About the employer:
It is a school with appr. 400 students, having also a nursery, a preschool, an elementary and Junior High school. They teach five different age groups, divided into two types of systems – semester and bimester. Class sizes are typically around a dozen students, but never more than 16 students per class. They understand that it is not very easy for foreigners to work in Mexico, hence they try their best to make them feel comfortable and to help them getting used to life and work in Mexico.
The staff is made up of a mix of both foreign (from various English speaking countries) and Mexican teachers. The institute currently rents two houses, one is a four bedroom house about two blocks from the school for teachers who wish to live there. New teachers may choose to live in the house with other teachers, or look for their own private house.
Cd. Guzmán with a relaxed and traditional atmosphere, it is a small, quiet town with about 140,000 inhabitants, located in Jalisco, near Guadalajara (about 1 ½ hours) the second largest city of Mexico and about 1 ½-2 hours bus drive to the closest beach. People are extremely friendly, and foreigners normally do not have any trouble making friends within the first couple of weeks. The city offers many eco-tourist activities, such as cycling, hiking, motor-cross, rappelling, swimming, among other things, as well as one or two night spots.
Functions and responsibilities
– Teachers must follow the curriculum but are encouraged to enhance it with additional activities.
– To get involved in the community as much as possible.
– Advanced Spanish
– Native English
– Full flexibility
– Teaching experience
– Finished bachelor degree or any English teaching certification
Required Language Skills:
– English – Native speaker
– Spanish – Upper-intermediated (Advanced level prefered)
– Contract type: partial-time.
– Contract date: August 12 to July 10, 2020.
– Salary: 8,700 MXN gross.
– Christmas box based on total salary and holiday bonus.
– Free Lodging at Cambridge’s home
– Food provision.
– Opportunity to work in the afternoons teaching English to children and adults (extra salary)
– Holidays 4 weeks.
– Opportunity to earn the academic excellence bonus.
– Opportunity to participate in the Climb Up for Staff program.