We are looking for a team of independent, flexible and self-motivated teacher development mentors to be part of an exciting project with the Malaysian Ministry of Education.
These posts will be based in East Malaysia, Borneo.
This is an excellent development opportunity for anyone interested in teacher training or mentoring in a rural, primary context and a unique chance to experience the biodiversity of Borneo from within its fascinating culture.
You will be part of a team of trainers working to provide Malaysian primary teachers with continuous professional development in order to improve the teaching of English in Malaysia. Working as a local teacher mentor within a cluster of primary schools in Malaysian Borneo, you will provide on-the-job support through a variety of development activities depending on the individual needs and context of the teachers you are working with.
This is a rewarding opportunity for you to make a real difference to classroom teaching and learning, as you will be able to see real progress and develop close working relationships with Malaysia’s future education leaders.
We are offering:
– Professional development and support provided through local Project Managers
– A monthly gross salary ranges from RM 8,660 to RM 10,650 ( starting point on scale depends on your qualification and experience )
– Flights, relocation and settling-in expenses
– Transportation between schools
– Comprehensive health insurance
Applicants must be between 27 and 63 years old ( this is a requirement set by the MoE specifically for this post ).
They should have:
– a high proficiency in English
– a undergraduate/university degree
– an internationally recognised TEFL certificate ( Cambridge CELTA/Trinity CertTESOL )
– at least 2 years of full-time relevant experience post certificate particularly in the age group 6 to 10 years old
How to ApplyEmail the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- degree certificate
- TEFL/CELTA certificate