Work in France this Spring!
We are currently hiring for the following start dates at American Village Camps:
- March 28, 2019 *IMMEDIATE HIRE*
- April 19, 2019
- April 26, 2019
- May 03, 2019
- May 10, 2019
- May 24, 2019
- May 30, 2019
Salary: 1170 euros per month. Meals and housing are paid for by the employer.
Location: One of our language villages in France. Exact location announced after hire.
American Village Camps seek energetic, creative, initiative-takers who are native English speakers & love working with children. We’ve been running English immersion camps in France since 1994! Our English Language Counselors live at our immersion camps, scattered in the countryside across France.
– Are you a team player, organized, and able to disconnect from technology during working hours (no smartphones while with the kids)?
– Are you kind, caring and friendly: a people-person?
– Are you capable of organizing activities: sports, arts & crafts, dance, large scale games?
– Are you excited about performing in skits, telling stories, leading songs & cheers?
– Are you creative and excited about brainstorming as a team?
– Are you receptive to learning about our approach to teaching English, and implementing it in and outside of the classroom?
Not available this Spring?
Consider applying to work this summer or autumn! 2019 summer/autumn recruitment is open in February!
Salary and Perks:
– A salary for all days worked: 1170 Euros / month.
– Shared dorm-style housing with other counselors, bedding included.
– Meals included.
– Free laundry services are available at least once a week.
– No fees associated with the obtainment of your temporary work permit (North Americans).
– Absolutely no application fee to apply to this job.
– All counselors may request a 50€ defrayal of train travel to their village.
– Accident insurance while working for work-related injuries.
– We have multiple camps running simultaneously across France. Nacel pays for any work-related transportation costs if the counselor changes camps.
Spring Camps 2019 : near Gréoux-les-Bains, Cour-et-Buis, Azé, Joudes-Saint Amour, Miramont-de-Guyenne, Isigny-le-Buat, Vesc, Bauduen, Comprignac, Le Sappey en Chartreuse & Saint Félix de- Paillières
Summer Camps 2019 : near Gréoux-les-Bains, Vesc, Cour-et-Buis, Azé, Joudes-Saint Amour, Balan, Isigny-le-Buat, Miramont-de-Guyenne, Bauduen, Saint Félix de Paillières & Venansault
City Camps (only in July): Toulouse
We only seek Language Counselors who are native English speakers.
– Required experience: camp counseling, childcare, &/or teaching experience
– Clear criminal history
– 20 years old is the minimum age requirement for foreign counselors. A typical applicant is between 20 and 35 years old.
– High school diploma from a high school in an Anglophone country & correct grammar and spelling on application.
– First-hand knowledge of North American culture
– Must be able to enter Schengen Zone as a tourist (for example: US or Canadians are allowed this with a valid passport.)
How to Apply
The application process and application tips are outlined on the American Village recruitment website. A professional reference is required. We advise you to read through the entire recruitment website before completing the online application.
Access the online application: https://www.job-americanvillage.com/en/application-process